"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Saturday 6 August 2011

Kettle Stitching Workshop

For me, there's no better way to spend a Saturday morning than with a bunch of crafty souls who gathered together to learn the ancient art of bookbinding together :) 


I had the honour to coach a group of lovely ladies (& a guy *hugs*) on how to bind journals using the kettle-stitching technique. I also shared with them on the brief history of bookbinding, the origination of Kettle Stitching and Coptic Stitching and the differences.


It was a fun time spent with them and sharing with them my passion for bookbinding. I personally find bookbinding and crafting (be it scrapbooking, mini albums, card making, etc... ) very therapeutic. I guess there's a difference working with our hands and seeing something come to fruition after spending time on it. The feeling is indescribable. 


I love how the students were very keen to ask questions and I love sharing tips with them on how to do certain steps based on my experiences on what I've gone through :) 


I am very blessed to have had a mentor who has great passion in bookbinding and I aspire to be even more generous in sharing my knowledge and passion for bookbinding to my students. 

I will hold your hand in this bookbinding journey and share with you things I've learned from my own journey and hope your journey will always be smoother than mine :)

Quirky

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

looks like an excellent way to spend an afternoon!

Sandy Ang said...

Dropping by form the nook to say congrats. hurray for handbinding your own books. isn't all that stitching just so relaxing ?