Sometimes when we have the time and the mood, we will cook something a little 'fancy'. And this is one of them. It's a fun way to eat your proteins and vegetables.
We love it with cracked black pepper (and a tinge of salt on the eggs)
And here's the recipe for all to try out. Have fun :)
1. Fresh eggs (this is very important)
2. White vinegar
3. Smoked Salmon
5. Black Pepper
6. Salt (optional)
Instructions for Poached Eggs:
1. Bring water to boil in a pot and lower the heat so that the water is no longer boiling. Add 1-2 teaspoon of white vinegar. The vinegar helps to congeal the egg white more easily.
2. Crack an egg and place the egg in a small bowl. Using a spoon or ladle, stir the boiled water in a circular motion. Remove spoon or ladle and gently slide the egg into the center of the pot. Do this one egg at a time. Depending on the size of your pot, you may cook 2 eggs at a time.
3. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the egg whites are cooked. For a slightly more solid yolk texture, keep the heat low instead of turning it off.
4. Lift the eggs out of the pot with a clean ladle and place it on your serving plate. Sprinkle some cracked black pepper (and optionally, a tinge of salt) to taste.
Instructions for Rolled Smoked Salmon with Arugula:
1. Separate the salmon into very thin slices (smoked salmon should separate naturally into slivers) on a serving plate.
2. Place the arugula on the salmon slices and roll the salmon over the arugula. The amount of arugula to be rolled is subject to personal preference.
3. It’s now ready to be served! Enjoy.
We love that it's a little done and not too runny but if you like you can always turn off the flame and take out the egg on the 5 minute dot.
Eve & Roy