"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Sewing Journals


Here's a little peek at my tiny work table and the stack of journals that I need to sew :) I try to sew more when I can because the process of bookbinding is not something that can be done in an hour. It takes time to fold the paper, cut the holes, then sew the signatures together, make the covers, add elastic band (or leather cord, etc) and glue the whole thing together... Then the journal needs to be kept under heavy weight to make sure they glue/bond well together before I can take it out and show it to the world.

I love working on this tiny table because it's the only place where I can watch tv when I work. I sit on the floor and sew or fold the papers. If I wanna make cards, it's easier to do that on my craft table in another room. Sometimes I get backache and numb legs from sitting on the floor too long. I have to remind myself to get up and walk around for a while to relax my muscles... :) 

But I enjoy making handmade stuffs :) I cannot explain it, I just like it :)


Quirky

2 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

hahaha :) art is not a hobby, it's life's sustenance :)

Shirl said...

Who wouldn't enjoy making handmade stuff when the outcome is so satisfying! I miss the chitty chatty time with you babe!