"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Thursday 24 May 2012

Just Cute

This week past by so quickly! It kinda just whizzed past me and it's almost the end of the week... ! I don't really know how this week went by, actually. haha... but hubby was ill on Tuesday and he spent the day resting and erm, I kinda rested too :P

And then the photos I took of the layouts turned out blur and I didn't want to post them blur. But I still think they are kinda blur. hmmmm.... Not gonna be too bothered by it for now. 


When I saw the leaning branch in the park, I so wanted to take pictures on it... I've seen many pretty pictures of couples taken on leaning branches like those and I wanted some too :P Good thing, my hubs was nice enough to indulge in my goofiness. haha....


You know the splattering of sparkles you see on my layouts? Those are rhinestones and I 'splatter' them because I don't have any paints with me yet... LOL... and I loved the splattered effects I've been seeing on layouts, so this is my version of it. And the folded doily is an inspiration taken from my friend, Jessy's tutorial :)

Hope you guys had a great week! It's Memorial Day weekend for us here in US. And oh, the Sketchbook Project 2012 exhibition is down in LA this weekend. I hope to make it there to check out all the arty sketchbooks sent in from all over the world!


Quirky

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

OOooh....love the CUTE layout:) Can't wait to hear about the Sketchbook Project!

Studio1008 said...

Wow u certainly r goin' places,Evelin!

yyam said...

Just sooooo sweet! Really pretty! Love the splatter of rhinestones! ;)

P/s: About your question on misting and paper warping...it tends to happen when you are too generous with the misting. For a light touch, spray from further away. I like strong colours so Maya mists and Studio Calico's Mister Huey work better for me....a little goes a long way...I prefer to use Bazzill white cardstock because it's thicker than American Crafts and there's less likelihood of paper warping. Hope this helps!

Evelin said...

Thanks for the tip, Yvonne! I will definitely try it out. I just placed an order for Mister Huey's mists from Studio Calico.. will try them out when I get them :D

Hugs!

Jessy Christopher said...

Love this layout a lot!! It's beautiful, totally heart the cameras for sure!