"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Saturday 3 May 2008

It tells the truth? Oh, really...

I'm talking about the movie "The Golden Compass". I know, I'm a bit late on catching up on my movies but better late than never, right?

The cast it boasts is admirable. With yummy eye-candies in the likes of Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig and Eva Green, it should be worth a watch just because of them :) The CGI and sets are beautiful to boot too. I am impressed with the cinematographics, music scores and the acting.

Sad thing is, I don't really understand the movie. Initially I thought, heck, as the show progresses, it might make more sense. You know, like those suspense movies? But it never did. I give it credit for all the beauty and the actions it has but a solid story line?? One that expands? Nada. Nope. Zilch.

BF says maybe we have to read the book first. But that doesn't make sense. Most movie adaptations from books were of course not as great as the writings but it made sense. I could understand the plot in Memoirs of a Geisha, LOTR, Narnia, Harry Potter series to name a few but this one just doesn't really have the gelling effect.

In terms of special effects and eye-candies, I think it's worth a watch but it's nothing to shout about. Maybe the book ain't that worth reading either. I have read all the above mentioned books, though. Every single one of them. Of course, the power of the mind is greater than what any movie producer can create but this one, sigh. I think they need to make it more 'understandable'. I was still in the 'huh'? mode when the credits came up. Did my research on it in Wiki but uhm, I still think this plot doesn't really tickle my fancy and boy, am I one to love fantasy.

ho-hum....


Quirky

No comments: