"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Saturday 14 February 2009

MYOB

Back in my school days, I bring bread for breaks almost everyday. Sometimes it was peanut butter, sometimes jam, sometimes 'barbacued pork' or 'pork floss' (the latter two being Chinese 'delicacies' ~ to me).

I have no idea how it all started but maybe my grandmother made them for my mum and then the 'tradition' passed on but I kinda liked that. Bread is healthy and I don't have to rush to the canteen to line up for food.

The times when I do, I have to face lots and lots of kids queuing for food and then the hassle of finding a spot to eat. Not that I'm a loner, I have friends who brought their own food too :) Things were simpler, anyway. I had more time to eat and chat. Imagine 20 minutes of recess time, half of it spent queuing and finding a space to eat....

Anyhow, I have people I know who frown on the fact that I eat bread everyday in school and I don't know why, it's not even their problem. My food, my stomach, my time.... Does it even concern them?

More than 10 years has passed since we left highschool and she's still harping on it. And to make matters worse, she's now my colleague and the ONE time I brought sandwich for lunch and she saw it, she's telling everyone that I ALWAYs bring bread for lunch. Erm, hello, it's only once. I go out for lunch with the rest everyday. Do you not see it? Oh, you're always with us too, am I invisible?

I am considering bringing sandwich for lunch more often now because I feel it's healthier than what we eat outside. Less oil & cholesterol, more fibre & protein (and if I add cheese, more calcium). You want to make more comments? Feel free. I'm SO going to turn a deaf ear.

~ la la la di da ~

:)



Quirky

5 comments:

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

Conclusion : MoMo & Artsy are 2 scary-cats.. hehe.. but it was pretty scary right? If Auntily Pretty was around.. i'm sure she'll b the 1st to scream. Well... at least we didn't scream.hehe....

Unknown said...

small matter.... quite typical of auntily pretty lar

Bringing lunch to work is okay mar - healthier and easier of the pockets. Used to pack my lunches too when I was working regularly. Make sure it's a wholesome meal though (not just peanut butter or jam la)...

Evelin said...

She also eat sandwich today mah....
-__-''

But I didn't 'suan' her lah... :P I eat Nasi Bryani..

Eh, my sandwich healthy one.. Got lettuce, wholemeal bread, cheese and ham :) Next time I put tuna :D

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

oh.. have u tried the new GARDENIA BUTTERSCOTCH bread... superb.. but a little ex... RM4 for a loaf though.

Evelin said...

MoMo*, the Butterscotch is great! But so is the choco raisin...have you tried that one?