"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Friday 21 August 2009

Love & Acetate

Woo hoooooo!!!

Guess what? I'm Guest Designer for Get Sketchy's sketch #2! So so SO happy to be given this opportunity to share my love on their blog :D I actually applied for the Design Team position when they were looking for their DT but I didn't make the cut *sobs sobs* Oh well, I love the girls they have chosen to be on the team so that makes the hurt a bit less :P

And when Bree emailed me to be the Guest Designer, I jump in my seat (literally!). I couldn't be happier (well, I could be happier if I'm on the DT...ho hummm... :P) And from that moment on, I was just waiting for her email to send me this sketch to work on.



This is the first time I'm making an acetate card. It proves to be more challenging than using normal cardstock. I realize that sticky tape sticks exceptionally well on acetate and erm, it will never come off... unless you want to destroy your card! But that being said, I still had a lot of fun with it. It challenges me to find ways to hide the glue from the inside of the card.

I forgot to take pictures of the inside but I used butterflies to cover the glue dots and a strip of paper the same colour as the ribbon to cover the double-sided tape. And I can't take pictures of it anymore because it's already in the mail to my parents :)


Oh, I'm proud to say that I'm using recycled ribbon as well :) That ribbon is from a gift I received. I kept it cos it's so beautiful and still so new!


Code : AAL0011


Quirky

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot woot for the Guest DT spot at Get Sketchy sista!!! Your acetate card is absolutely delish!!!!!

Rose said...

a huge congrats for the guest spot!! i LOVE all your cards :) this is another fantastic one!!

Juls said...

this is amazing!! I love it!

Dora said...

it's great to have you as a GD! And you have really rock the sketch!!

Cindy Lee said...

Wowzers gal!! Congrats on your GD spot! Beautiful card!

itsallrosi said...

super fabby!

liszha said...

I think your card is really stunning!

Anonymous said...

Well you already know I love this.. since Im your number 1 fan and all....

Thanks for doing me the honor of being our guest Designer....

Angèle said...

Adorable card! I love it!

Ann said...

I'm SO happy you're working with us on this sketch! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, girl!!! :D

Beth aka BR-T said...

Holy wowsers this is AMAZING! Beth

papertrails leaver said...

a beautiful card!