"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Saturday 26 September 2009

2 Birthday Cards..


A friend asked me to make 2 birthday cards for her. One based on an existing design and another for her brother who's training to become a chef :)

I thought for a while and decided to use a chef's hat as a focal point on the card.... went searching for an image I can refer to and drew this hat! I paper-pieced the hat to add interest to it, sewn the ribbon down (I had comments from some friends that they don't like it stapled...uh, whatever :P), added finishing touches and voila! A birthday card for a chef! I thought the colours are kinda cheery and apt for birthdays.


Code : HB0038

The second card is mostly based on an existing design. I changed the hearts to butterflies, though. Like I said, I try not to repeat everything exactly the same :) Hope she likes the cards!




Code : HB0021-1


I've been really busy and had no time to craft after I come home from work. Am missing all the crafting in the night but I guess I have to make-do with crafting during the weekends. Until things settle, that is. Hope to resume to the 'normal' routine soon :)


Quirky

2 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Wow..I LOVE both cards!! You are such talent! Love you chef hat! And we got the same border puncher which I only used it once :)

~amy~ said...

super fabbie cards...great job!!