"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Being a Dreamer

I am a daydreamer for most part. I believe this trait may have developed from my childhood when I read voraciously. My mum used to subscribe to Reader's Digest (back when the digest was much thicker & with more content) and when I was 8 or 9 years old, I look forward to reading "Laughter is the Best Medicine". I read the jokes first and then a story or two.


Gradually, I read more of the Digest. They were less 'boring' to me as I grew up. I read a lot of other story books too, to the point where my teacher came up to me and asks me if I studied at all (I was getting good grades.. why she asked me that is another story all together. A good one too). My mum never asks me to stop reading. I scored 6As and 1B for my PMR (Lower Secondary Assessment) which was not perfect but at least I got to read books other than my text books.

So, I dream... my imagination was vivid. I loved to go on adventures with the Famous Five, go away to the Faraway Tree, disappear from our world and into the world I was reading. One day, I am exploring island, another I am in Victorian England or some other imaginary place. It is magical.

But I digress... I set out not to write about how much I loved reading (a habit I should get back into) but about being a dreamer. About dreaming of the various projects I wanted to undertake. And about one particular dream that is coming to light.


I will share more about my dream that is materializing in my next post on June 3rd.

It is just so amazing, the things that happens when we set out to pursue our dreams. It started out as a thought, and then it stayed a thought for quite a while before I decided to act on it. And wonderful things happen when we decide to act on our dreams..... It seems the universe really does wants to help make our dreams come true :)

And while you wait to find out what I am keeping secret for now, you can always pop over to my shop for a gander :)

3 comments:

yyam said...

Glad that one of your dreams is materializing. :)

~amy~ said...

Yay for you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

so cool - I love the quote and YAY for that!
Plus, your blog is lovely, thanks for stopping by mine to say HELLO! : )