"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Friday 23 May 2014

Cork Embellishments

Before I started Project Life in 2013, I was just starting to get into scrapbooking. I wanted to preserve memories and I love how beautifully scrapbooking makes that. However, I wanted to remember daily bits and pieces too and Project Life made that so much easier :) I would still scrap big events but for our everyday life, I prefer the Project Life method.

And because of that, I am always on the lookout for embellishments that I could use to jazz up the little 3x4 or 4x6 cards. Embellishments that are pretty and yet does not add too much bulk (else it wouldn't fit in the pockets.. haha).

So when I saw that Studio Calico was selling these DCWV cork sheets, I knew I wanted to make some cork shapes for my Project Life pages. I bought my supplies and then I procrastinated (that and I needed new scissors. My old cutter bee basically destroyed my first batch of cork shapes).


I use Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI's vintage cream and Hero Art's Fresh Peach. You've got to wait a a little for the ink to set before handling them (else you get inky fingers... like me). Alternatively, you could heat dry them with heat gun. I want to try embossing them. I think that would be pretty too.


And you would need very sharp scissors to cut these babies. I used my old cutter bee and it was a disaster. The shapes frayed and turned out really badly. These were all cut after I bought a new pair of cutter bee.. So, do take note of that.

If you like any of these and don't have the time to make them, you could custom request and I will make and list them in my shop for you to purchase.

No comments: