The first time we had a banana blueberry honey yogurt muffin was at Starbucks. I thought that was a healthy choice for a toddler to munch on while we waited for Daddy to have a discussion. Ryan loves the muffin and ate a lot of it (I love it too, although I only got to eat some of it...)
Do I look cute?
So when we got home, I set out to search for a recipe that could give me kind of muffins I had at Starbucks... you know, moist and delicious? I baked muffins following some recipes that had really good ratings before but they didn't turn out moist and was a little hard so I was hoping this time I would get lucky.
I found a recipe for The Awesome-est Blueberry Yogurt Muffins on The Pioneer Woman's blog which was the closest to what I wanted and decided to try it.
First attempt was...... not very good. I think maybe I used Greek Yogurt which was not as watery as normal yogurt and maybe my oven is too hot because my muffins came out a bit hard even though I added almond milk to water down the batter a little.
Today, I decided to try the recipe again and I tweaked the recipe even more and it was a SUCCESS! The muffins came out so moist, just like what I had in Starbucks (imagine a huge smile on my face!)
They look so good, the color and the texture...
I love the golden brown color on the crust
It's really very moist (& delicious)
Ryan approves of the muffin. He already finished his dinner when the muffins came out of the oven but after he tried a little, he kept asking me for more. I think he finished almost the whole muffin (pictured above).
So, here's my version of the recipe I found on The Pioneer Woman's Blog.
Banana Blueberry Honey Yogurt Muffins
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons multipurpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt (I only used a little as these are mainly for Ryan)
1 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups organic Greek yogurt
3 cups blueberries
2 bananas (sliced)
1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, oil, egg, yogurt and honey. Add the dry ingredients and stir (I added one cup of the dry ingredients at a time, stir until mixed and then repeat until the dry ingredients are all used up).
- Add blueberries (reserving 1/2 cup) and bananas to the mixture and mix well.
- Add mixture to muffin cups (I use silicone cups from Ikea).
- Sprinkle remaining berries and press down lightly. Sprinkle some brown sugar over the top to add some crunch to the crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, and allow to cool completely (I baked for 22 minutes, then turned off the oven and kept the muffins inside for another 5 minutes before taking it out).
If you do try out the recipe, let me know how you like it :)