"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Sunday 5 July 2009

HTML = Cross-eyed

I'm the most un-techie person around (if there's such a word). Been wanting to 're-vamp' this blog for the longest time ever but procrastinated since the last time I tried.

My good friend pointed me to a blog page that helps with the CSS & HTML coding to change the layout of this blog page but even when I followed the instructions to a 'T', I couldn't for the love of God manage to get it right! (Apparently there's some missing colons or semi colons from the instructions...hmmm). Hence, procrastination ensued....

I finally decided I had to do it now, because tomorrow always never comes for me :P So, I got Hubby to help me with coding and made it into 3 columns that this blog is. Thank GOD for Hubby cos I was getting frustrated with the codes after a while and the error message kept popping up! He managed to resolve everything and got this up! :)

Thereafter, I played with the HTML, tweaking it here and there to make it more 'balanced'. Kinda like the new layout with the transparent background (that Hubby suggested and added the code for) :)


Am planning to take some nice pictures and make a header too. My blog's missing a picturesque header :)

Not sure if I'm still gonna craft tonight. It's getting late and my tummy's not feeling too good. I suspect the dinner we had. Already been to the loo cos my tummy cramped up.

This is a boring post = no pictures. Thanks for reading... :D


Quirky

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

I'm no techie either :) Hope that you're feeling better...

Evelin said...

Hey Amy, am feeling better now :)
Thanks for your concern. Really appreciate it! :)

STG said...

I wouldn't say I'm HTML savvy but generally I can feel my way around coding...although at times it's like feeling around in a thorn bush with my eyes closed.

The layout looks great nonetheless :]

being creative takes a lot out of you.

viper said...

Not a boring post at all. So interesting :P

Evelin said...

Yes, viper... very 'interesting' ! :P

Savitri said...

Good job with the HTML!!! I work with websites everyday... well, when I'm not home taking care of a baby :) It takes some getting use to but it's fun after you know what you're doing. You did great!

Evelin said...

thanks Savitri...but it's mostly (99%) my husband's effort! :)