"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Monday 20 July 2009

It's Movie Monday!

It's Monday. The start of the week.

I still love Friday evenings and Saturdays better. Even Sundays but up till the evening... cos then Monday is looming somewhere in the corner >.<

Now it's counting down to Friday again.... :P
Anyway, you know what's brewing over at 365 Cards? :) It's all about Twilight on Day 142, Movie Monday. You know, Twilight the book (& the movie?). Yup. The challenge today is to create a card inspired by Twilight. I haven't watched the show or read the book yet but my friends all raved about it :)

Back to the challenge; Pam said to let Twilight inspire us and to use black as the background colour and patterned paper where red is the dominant colour and embellish it with either glitter or rhinestones and everything else goes! :)


Black background ---> Checked!
Patterned paper with red as dominant colour ---> Checked!
Rhinestones ---> Checked! (it's in between the words 'One of a Kind')

I added glossy accents on some of the swirls on the patterned paper as well to add some dimensions.


Just bought a Coluzzle and wanted to try making a round shaped card, hence I made this card round :)


Code : AO0027
Status : Available!
Price : RM 14.90

This card below I actually made before I attempted 365 Card's challenge. You can now guess that I bought buttons as well *grins*

Got the inspiration to make this cute bird from Papertrey Ink's latest stamp set. I gotta try and persuade my local shop to bring in Papertrey Ink's products (wish me luck!) If not, I always have to buy online and drool over other's projects while I wait.....



Code : AO0028

Status : Available!
Price : RM 5.90



Quirky

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great job on the Twilight challenge...love how the card swings open! I Love your button birdie!!! Such a fun card!!! Happy Monday :)

Patti J. said...

Great cards! That Twilight card rocks - love the shape! Kudo's!

Piali said...

Wow!! Twilight challenge card is stunning!!! Love the button birdietoo.. Great job on both.
hugs
Piali

Unknown said...

Love both of your cards but the Twilight card is awesome indeed. I agree with Amy I love how it swings open.
Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Brilliant cards. LOVE the round Twilight one.