"Like" my Facebook page for more pictures & updates

Thursday 16 July 2009

I knew how to crochet once....

I was interested in crocheting back when I was 11, I think. Cos my mum was really good at it and she made me a lot of nice crochet tops to wear (yeah, I know... weather's hot in Malaysia..but I got used to it plus I loved them!)

So, I asked mum to teach me.

She was a perfectionist.

I was a beginner ...... who pulled the strings in one line tighter, then another looser.... you get the drift.

She would undo every single line she felt the tension was not balanced.

What happened was that she undid so many lines, so many times.... I gave up >.< My projects never seem to progress! I couldn't take it.... so.... But I asked her to teach me again sometime last year and I crocheted a lot of these little flowers...even improvising and crocheted 2 coloured ones.. I kinda figured out how to attach the threads :P

Ok... sorry that I rambled so much... Back to my card. I made this card based on CardPattern's Sketch 23. Figured I wanted to use the crocheted flowers cos they were so neglected in a plastic enclosure :P

Here's my card :)



Code : HB0025
Price : RM 14.90



Quirky

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

Well this is just darling! I love your little crocheted flower! I admire those of you that can knit and crochet. I don't think my hands were meant for that craft! So glad you could play along with us on CP.

~amy~ said...

I love this!!!! I was having a heck of a time getting your blog to come up via my google reader...but here I am....super card!!!